Is Your Business Ready for a Natural or Human Disaster?
At Wilmot Modular Structures we care about you and your business. We hope that sharing this important information about Disaster Preparedness will encourage you to review your plan if you have one, or, take the time to create a plan now.
Here are key reasons to complete a disaster preparedness plan as soon as possible:
- Up to 40% of businesses affected by a natural or human disaster never reopen. (Source: Insurance Information Institute)
- Customers expect delivery of products or services on time.
- Insurance is only a partial solution. It does not cover all losses and it will not replace customers.
- Organize, develop and administer a plan specific to the needs of your business.
- Gather information and complete a risk assessment that assists you in identifying potential hazards and what to do if such an emergency occurs,
- Conduct a business impact analysis (BIA) which lets your business determine the potential impact from the interruption of time sensitive or critical business processes
- Place prevention as a priority and have everybody in the business offer ideas to reduce risks and thinks about creating and building storage containers and modular emergency storage containers.
- Create and implement an emergency communication plan
- Insure that your information technology is backed up
- Create a business continuity plan
- Communicate your plan to employees and insure that they are trained according to your plan
Testing & Exercises
- Test and evaluate your plan for feasibility and usefulness
- Use the results from exercises to evaluate your plan
- Here are great resources that will provide you with further information to help you get started:
Disaster Preparedness Information from the Small Business Association